Look Through Tabs Above or Pics to Left & Bottom of Page

Friday, May 31, 2013

Color Samples


So, as I made some dyes today, I took a few samples.

  • I had to test how much black was necessary
  • Tried to make Rit Blue 438 (1 TBS Royal Blue, 1 tsp Black, 1 c. water, 1/2 cup salt), but it was too dark
  • Berry (2 1/2 tsp. Purple, 2 tsp. Fuschia), I think I went light on the purple
  • Sunspot Orange - now I can't remember if this is straight orange or not, think it is
  • lemon orange - this was supposed to be a sunspot yellow, but orange is too strong
  • lemon yellow - straight
  • Zen Green (3 tsp. lemon, 1/2 tsp. kelly green, 1 c. water, 1/2 cup salt) *I love this one

 the blue did not look like this, might try again


Uh Oh, the problem with RIT dye

only use Rit for hot dip dye

No comments:

Post a Comment