|inspiration pic found online,|
but no tutorial
So I think it's a bullseye with a brown center (you mix the 3 primary colors?) and yellow surrounding that, leaving a bit of white and then marbled green everywhere else.
Here's my first attempt and I am way disappointed, but it give me ideas about what to do next.
- use better dyes, these were from a cheap kit
- accordion the petals better and maybe double dye them with 2 shades of yellow?
- avoid a white line around the center brown spot by dip dying it without banding there
- create more of the white light effect around the petals by using more rubber bands?
|5/24/13 attempt 1|
now that's just sad :(
|5/25/13 attempt 2|
still pretty sad :(
- I need to use a lot more dye.
- I forgot that I wanted the yellow to go partway and the white to be only on the edge.
- Maybe I will try doing the brown center after the yellow has completely dried?
- And the brown is still wrong. Maybe I will try coffee?